Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: How you were when you joined the GB, and how you are now? [!OT]

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's been a while for most of us. During all this time, we posted here, but we also had lives, and all of us most surely changed in some ways from back then to now.

    Let's talk about it here! Do you remember how you were when you joined the Granaboard? And how are you now compared to it?

    I'll make a great effort with my sucky memory and start.

    ????

    I founded the Granaboard, so I'm from the first generation of Granaboarders. But I was in this community from some months before, in the GameFAQs Grandia II board. I joined in 2001\03\26.

    I was more than 3 years younger, and I think I'm smarter today. Maybe I had the same raw intelligence back then, but one thing is for sure: in these three years, I have learnt more than I had learnt in the previous... Argh!! I forgot my damned age again! Had to ask pops who was around >_>. . . Previous 20 years. Maybe not if we count language and lots of things, but all of my current thoughts on life, human relationships, etc. come from this very recent years.

    The games and media that made the most impact on me since then were Grandia II, Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Chobits. They surely changed me, because after playing them, I would rethink a lot of things and form new ideas upon realizing something.

    So, how did I were when I joined the community and how am I now?

    - I was shy and reserved, now I'm not

    - I didn't think half of what I think now on everything

    - I didn't like religion, now I hate it

    - Was more of an agnostic towards death, now I'm much more skeptical

    - I thought the future wasn't written (consequence of a non-deterministic Universe); now I think the Universe is deterministic. This alone changed the way I look at so many things.

    - I hadn't thought much on artificial consciousness (robots), now I have a complete set of ideas and think they should be given the same rights as us

    - I didn't understand people at all, now I don't understand people half the times only

    - I was a fascist and hated democracy, now I still think it's not the best but I can't think of something much better so I'm just right-wing

    - I hated muslims, now I hate them even more

    - I had a little outdated ideas on society, some of which I changed for something better

    - I've improved my English

    - I'm more expertise at programming

    - I read and write faster

    - I'm experienced with message boards

    - I didn't post nearly as much as I do now

    - I liked sega, now I hate it, and found sony to have the most interesting games nowadays so I'm sticking to them as much as I hate it

    - I didn't watch anime, now I'm addicted to it

    - I liked very few songs, now I listen to J-Pop/Anime/Game songs and I have a lot of soundtracks

    - My interest for oriental culture has grown

    - I didn't have much sense of humor, lately I laugh at everything and I'm much happier

    - My ecchi thoughts a minute have tripled

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow let's see if I can recall...

    ----

    -I was a jerk.

    -I was a "goth".

    -I liked heavy metal music, now I realize it's crap and monkey can do better.

    -I have a better understanding of the universe and people now.

    ----

    That's all I can think of.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i was


    -more prude =P

    -annoying... wait that hasnt changed...

    -very ingnorant in anything anime

    -a cruddy artist

    i dont know what else, anyone feel free to help me out lol

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Reitsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2003
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do not remember. At all. Its blank. >_<

  5. #5
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jesus! (sorry [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) When i joined Granaboard... It makes right now... about 3 years ago(september 11th's disaster was still fesh on people's minds), or the like...

    I can say i had a very little amount of friends then... just two or three online people writting very rarely mails to me... and one IRL friend..in fact, it all started because i got me Grandia 2 for Dreamcast (Best console Ever IMO) And it all started because Wiseman saw i had another Grandia 2 fanpage, and made contact with me.

    Then, it started to turn on every direction, i started to have an Online life, something that somehow, complemented my real life.

    I've become more opened to people, now, i have a large amount of friends (online, and even not online) with who i keep nice bonds. I have a special friend, who shares a lot of likings with me, (but that, sadly, has a real boyfriend IT'S NOT FAIR! XD)

    I'm Moderator (Yes i'm a mod) in a Spanish Board, like this one, but a lot wider, and with more topics, and people. may be soon i'm promoted to administrator in that board! O.O And somehow, i've seen my life completed with something i think i lacked.. yet,.. i'm still very naive sometimes. ^^ can't help it.

    I've improved on my artistic skills a lot, a HUGE LOT i'd never imagine that i could have done such good paintings... Even i am amazed ^^U...

    I found a character that i really like, and that i treat like my own child (i gave her form, so she is somehow like my daughter XD) Kaoni, she is a pretty thing... i don't really know what does she represent, but, i found her thanks to this board... (and thanks to Xellos XD, his "Biological" (does it have any logic?) dad) He he... Gotta make more pics of hers soon!

    And don't know, also, i've met the Xeno- sagas Really amazing games that show that Vgames also have deep and adult (i.e. mature.. it is... er... how to say... serious stuff) And Yasunori Mitsuda's art.

    Then, i disconnected a little from here, but... o well, it's never too late to return, is it? XD Granaboard, A nice place, you can't go there, but you can find it whenever you want it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yea u kinda adopted kaoni didnt ya? lolz =P

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Me?
    Well, this was Last Year..
    I was on RPGplanet.com then clicked on something that said "Grandia" out of curiosity(I had played and beaten G2 many times beforehand and had tried to get my friends too)
    From there it took me to some fan site called "Vast Lands of Grandia" From there one of the referenced links was "Granaboard" it took me to hottub and it said "We have moved" and from there I got HERE!


    Well, how am I now that I joined?
    Well, listening to your guys' rants has been great for me. It gave me something to do in a slump.
    It felt cool, thinking that I'e got message board buddies from places like Spain and the UK...

    It was cool to find OTHER people that played Grandia II as well.. I thought that it was THE GREATEST game of all time last year and it is still high on my list...
    Well, I don't know what to say really, I was a free thinker when I came here and still ama free thinker.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    XDDDDDDDDDD sort of! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    heck not even xel talks about her, and he created her lmao =P good thing ur keepin her alive tho XD~~

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll post in all these fancy new threads after my exam tomorrow.

    Kaoni's still cool, if we RPed, I use her. And I still user her in games where you make chars.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •